Friday, July 15, 2011

losing my job

losing my job

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

Man, getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me. There were massive layoffs at my company which was happening everywhere and I was one of the last to go – they said they loved me but just couldn’t afford to keep me on. I was really devastated at first because I had no idea where to go but once I got my head about me I started looking for another job. I knew it would probably be a long process so I hunkered down and came up with some ways to save money in the meantime so I wouldn’t go broke. I called my credit card company and renegotiated my interest rate and went to texaselectricityPROVIDERS.com and found out I was paying too much for energy. I had a big garage sale and got rid of a bunch of junk I didn’t need and made a few hundred dollars that way. I found a new job after about three months though it doesn’t pay as well as my old one, but it’s a job!

No comments: